You probably had your tubes tied, when you are 100% sure that you never wanted to get pregnant again. But what if you want to get pregnant again? There is still a solution to make it happen. The procedure is called “tubal ligation reversal” where the doctor will re-open and re-connect the fallopian tubes so you can get pregnant again.
What are the criteria of Tubal Reversal Surgery?
Your gynecologist may consider several things before the operation:
- Your age
- While undergoing tubal ligation procedure, what kind of surgery you had and what was the type of surgery, like open tubal ligation or Laparoscopic tubal ligation. Length of your fallopian tubes, your ovaries and uterus condition, and your overall health.
- The length of your fallopian tubes remains after your ligation surgery. State (condition) of your ovaries and uterus and your overall health.
- If you had surgery for fibroids, endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) previous cesarean sections ( LSCS), or any other gynecological disorders?
In general, the tubal reversal could be a choice, if your tubes were closed with rings or clips and only little parts of your fallopian tubes were removed.
What are the Success Rates of Pregnancy after Reversal?
In general, pregnancy success rates is around 50%
There are other important factors that determine the pregnancy success rate after this procedure (tubal reversal):
- What type of tubal ligation procedure you had?
- Length of your existing fallopian tubes
- Sperm count of your partner
- Your gynecologist’s skill
- Facilities available in the Hospital
If you still don’t get pregnant after tubal reversal surgery then IVF is another option.
For more details Call us at 8888629388, 7774047404 or Visit us at Samarth Hospital